Cliqueing 4eva

-friendship only gets better as it grows older- If life is a cookie, FRIENDS are the chocolate chips.

Monday, July 03, 2006

This weekend...

... has been quite eventful.

England lost to Portugal. If you tink that this is bad enough, what about France beating Brazil 1-0. That leaves us with Germany, Italy, France and Portugal. 4 European teams. 3 old-time favourites and one newbie hot on their heels. And Sarah created a very delightful msn nick "Helloo.. is this the World Cup or Euro?" Haha. it basically sums it all up.

Saturday was my last day at work. I am so glad to be in the infocomm dept. The people are nice and... slack. Haha. They seem to be their own boss, working as and when they like and taking coffee breaks if they feel like it. Nevertheless they are very nice and harmless people. Unlike other depts. Somehow i always feel that the people there are very fake. For those who are not labelled as fake, congrats to them. Cos I have classified them under the category of outright meanies. No ambiguity. No debate. But then again, I must really thank the boss for paying the temps 7 bucks per hour. Haha. Easy money indeed. Before I left, i told the HR personnel that should they need people to fold letters, they can always give me a ring. LOL. I dun mind getting some paper cuts. Facing papers is definitely better than facing people or the computer. But after one month (last year) and 1.5 months (this year) there, I think I've become quite accustomed to their way of life. Always put on a SMILE and be friendly. Then just mind my own business. I should be able to survive. Hehe.

Oh the most important event that I wanna share with u all is actually Anuja's dance performance. It was her solo performance at the national library drama centre. That event was her arangetram which means graduation. She has been into dance since 1995 and this is her night to showcase what she has learnt over the 12 years. She brought down the house with more than 5 dances. The whole thing was really grand. To start off, she sent out nice invitation cards for each and everyone of 6A a few weeks ago. The guest of honour of the night is our President SR Nathan. We know then that it's gonna be BIG. When we got there today, there were posters of Anuja's performance event and her photo was plastered over it. Bascially the night was all hers. She was the star, the celebrity. Yes, she was splendid. We can only go WOW. Is that the anuja we all know? Unfortunately yes :P It's the same funky crazy gal who fought with the guys to get her hands on the ben and jerry vermonster ice cream last sunday.

"We no longer see Anuja. All we see is the dance." - Anuja's teacher

I wont deny that I dun quite know how to appreciate her dance. But I can see it was no easy feat. I just feel this immense sense of admiration for her. She's really like a princess that night :)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home