Hello from Toronto!
Hi everyone! This is me blogging from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm sorry for not posting any messages earlier but at the place where I'm staying, we have to pay for the internet. Bcos my roommate and I didn't want to pay for the internet, we tried to use their wireless downstairs in the study room but we had to configure the wireless first. That took me a long time to do cos I had to update my windows and my laptop takes a long time to do so. I've just managed to get my wireless working this morning at 3am in the morning in Toronto =( But then, we managed to share the internet access with our neighbours so if nothing goes wrong, we will only need to pay 1/4 of the original price cos we use a router for all 4 laptops =)
Anyway, I've been here for about 3 days already and most of what I've done was window shopping cos many of the things are quite expensive. The food here is expensive too and that's partly because of the tax. we have to pay 7% GST and 8% provincial tax for almost everything that we buy so in this wapect, I'm very glad that I live in Singapore =)
Although it is summer here, the weather is very different from Singapore. In Singapore, when it is sunny, it is very hot and humid and we sweat a lot. But here, when it is sunny, it just gets hot and we hardly sweat. Also, it tends to be cold in the morning, cold enough to need a jacket when walking in the streets. By the way, it was raining almost the whole day yesterday and it became so cold that it was almost like autumn!
So for, I've taken a few photos but I realise that I suck at taking photos of buildings but I've taken some photos of flowers which I think are quite nice. Anyway, I think you'll see more photos of flowers cos there are really a lot of different kinds of flowers and most of them you don't get to see in Singapore.
There are still a lot mor things that I want to share with all of you but I think I've written long enough for now =) Besides, my roommate is already asleep so I think I should better go to sleep soon =) Hope all of you are having fun back in Singapore! Iwill really miss you guys =)
Anyway, I've been here for about 3 days already and most of what I've done was window shopping cos many of the things are quite expensive. The food here is expensive too and that's partly because of the tax. we have to pay 7% GST and 8% provincial tax for almost everything that we buy so in this wapect, I'm very glad that I live in Singapore =)
Although it is summer here, the weather is very different from Singapore. In Singapore, when it is sunny, it is very hot and humid and we sweat a lot. But here, when it is sunny, it just gets hot and we hardly sweat. Also, it tends to be cold in the morning, cold enough to need a jacket when walking in the streets. By the way, it was raining almost the whole day yesterday and it became so cold that it was almost like autumn!
So for, I've taken a few photos but I realise that I suck at taking photos of buildings but I've taken some photos of flowers which I think are quite nice. Anyway, I think you'll see more photos of flowers cos there are really a lot of different kinds of flowers and most of them you don't get to see in Singapore.
There are still a lot mor things that I want to share with all of you but I think I've written long enough for now =) Besides, my roommate is already asleep so I think I should better go to sleep soon =) Hope all of you are having fun back in Singapore! Iwill really miss you guys =)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home