Cliqueing 4eva

-friendship only gets better as it grows older- If life is a cookie, FRIENDS are the chocolate chips.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Greetings from UofT

Wow! Stayover at NTU sounds like fun and the dinner plan sounds good =) Too bad that I can't join you all this time so I won't be able to see how Linda's new room looks like. Anyway, hope that you guys have lots of fun (which I'm sure you will) and remember to ask me along for the next stayover =)

Just came back from a short trip to New York City on tuesday, spent about 3 days travelling NYC and about 2 days travelling to NYC and from NYC back to Toronto (cos we travelled by rail). The trip to NYC was enjoyable but I didn't enjoy myself as much as in Toronto prob because NYC had a lot more people and people and cars have very little regard for traffic lights. People can just cross the road even though the signal to cross has not been shown and NYC taxi drivers are very impatient. Going into their subways is a bit like going into a sonar as it's very hot on the platforms of their subway. Traveling by subway is also quite confusing as they have many more lines than we have in Singapore and two different trains can arrive at the same platform so we need to be sure of which line we are taking before boarding the trains. However, NYC is not all that bad, Times Square is a very happening place esp at night where there are huge adverts on the outside of buildings which lit up at night. The Ben and Jerry's ice-cream in US is also cheaper, costing about S$7 for half a quart of ice-cream (not sure how much is half a quart but I think it's about 300+ml). We also found a Hershey's Chocolate Factory along Broadway near Times Square. Bought a lot of chocolates back to Toronto and I'm hoping that I can bring some back to Singapore but we're not sure if they would have melted before reaching Singapore. Anyway, if the chocolates have not melted, I'll bring them along with me for our next outing =)
That's all the highlights of my trip to NYC, I've also been to the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Cathedral of St. Patricks and the American Museum of Natural History which is my personal favourite. Didn't take lots of photos though and some of the photos are blurred cos I didn't use flash and my hand is not very steady.
Ok, that's about all for now, hope everyone is enjoying their holidays back in Singapore. For those in NUS, don't forget to bid for your modules =)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home