Young Kids Nowadays
This incident happened yesterday when I just had my breakfast/lunch. I'm not sure if anyone knew but recently a shopping centre (Yew Tee Point) opened just next to the MRT station near my house. As I was walking from the shopping centre towards the MRT station, I saw this small boy (around 2 to 3 years old) walking towards the MRT station. At first I didn't really think much about it, thinking that his parents must be following behind but as I slowed down my steps and looked around, I don't see any aldult who seemed like his parent following behind. Before I knew it, he had walked through the MRT station (which was fairly crowded at that time) to the other end of the MRT station. I then went up to him and asked his where is his mummy. The weird thing is that when he looked around and saw that his mummy was not around, he just continued his exploration! Seeing that I couldn't get any answer from him I decided to take him to the passenger service centre. But he didn't even want to follow me but continue with his exploration =( Luckily, I managed to find his mother in the end and he was reunited with his family. What I think was particularly dangerous for this kid was that he was not crying so no one paid attention to him as he wanders around the MRT station. If no one had realised that he was wandering alone, he might have wandered onto the road next to the MRT station.
Anyway, I think kids nowadays are really bold. Just recently, Alson staged a similar diappearance act but luckily his father found him standing outside the MacDonald's at the other end of the MRT station. He also ran out of the Yew Tee Point shopping centre himself one weekend morning after his family had their breakfast there. I think kids nowadays need to have some tracking device fixed onto them so that when such cases happened, their parents can locate them by following the signals. Or they can wear a tag with their names and parent's contact no. on them so anyone who finds them can call their parents like how owners identify their pets.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home