Cliqueing 4eva

-friendship only gets better as it grows older- If life is a cookie, FRIENDS are the chocolate chips.

Monday, June 08, 2009

Keeping right (and left)

This always occurs when I go to hong kong. There, it's keep right on escalators and stairs unless stated otherwise (even though people drive on the left side of the road). On my first day there, I took a 6am flight so was super dazed. I was standing on the left side of the escalator and was nearly bowled over by people rushing for the train. It always takes me time to get used to it.

Last thurs, I landed in Singapore about midnight, so was quite dazed again. I was standing on the right side of the travellator at the airport and was nearly cannoned into by people rushing for their luggage (or the loo?). These few days I had to curb the impulse to stand at the right side of escalator lest I get bowled over by people at the train station again...

haha, just something fun: I'm always amazed at the wide variety of oral contraceptives available freely in hong kong. Here, you need prescriptions to get them. But in hong kong, you can buy them off the shelves at pharmacies and supermarkets:


displayed by colour at a shelf!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home