Third attempt foiled
"You need to drink more water and jog more," said the doctor (a male doctor of an African origin? sorry i know little about ethnicity.. but he's sth like Jacob's husband race/colour...)
Anyway, that's what I was told when I went to donate blood today.
Ok that adds on to my collection of 101 reasons why I get rejected for blood donation.
First I had superficial vein (Back in rj) . This barrier I was able to overcome thus I could successfully donate for two times. But the second time was close. I was on the verge of getting rejected cos I had low blood pressure. After gurping down 500ml of water I was given the go-ahead. That was the time I learnt that drinking water can help increase blood pressure. Gotta tell my mum to "drought" herself b4 her high blood pressure regular checkups. Hee.
Today, I was even more prepared. Gurped down as much liquid as I could, had a proper full lunch b4 the donation. Was feeling so confident.. thinking that everything will be smooth as my shaved legs this time round. BUT I WAS WRONG.
Or should I attribute the blame to the doctor? First, he asked me if I had been sick, had taken any medication, had multiple sex blah blah. Those questions are just routine and he obviously appeared sick of repeating but had to repeat nonetheless. Then came the moment of truth. My blood pressure is... 69/94.. Very low meh? I dunno. (Oh just to side track a bit, now the docs do not use the traditional gauge anymore. They use a digital one that pumps up by itself so the doc just stares at it and the measurement is done.)
Haiz this is actually bad news for me. It only shows how unhealthy, how unfit I am. Well well, time to do some exercise Linda. I dun wanna have a short life. And yes, more water and more exercise for me. Bleh. And I have always thought that I am a fit little muscular gal :p
Anyway, that's what I was told when I went to donate blood today.
Ok that adds on to my collection of 101 reasons why I get rejected for blood donation.
First I had superficial vein (Back in rj) . This barrier I was able to overcome thus I could successfully donate for two times. But the second time was close. I was on the verge of getting rejected cos I had low blood pressure. After gurping down 500ml of water I was given the go-ahead. That was the time I learnt that drinking water can help increase blood pressure. Gotta tell my mum to "drought" herself b4 her high blood pressure regular checkups. Hee.
Today, I was even more prepared. Gurped down as much liquid as I could, had a proper full lunch b4 the donation. Was feeling so confident.. thinking that everything will be smooth as my shaved legs this time round. BUT I WAS WRONG.
Or should I attribute the blame to the doctor? First, he asked me if I had been sick, had taken any medication, had multiple sex blah blah. Those questions are just routine and he obviously appeared sick of repeating but had to repeat nonetheless. Then came the moment of truth. My blood pressure is... 69/94.. Very low meh? I dunno. (Oh just to side track a bit, now the docs do not use the traditional gauge anymore. They use a digital one that pumps up by itself so the doc just stares at it and the measurement is done.)
Haiz this is actually bad news for me. It only shows how unhealthy, how unfit I am. Well well, time to do some exercise Linda. I dun wanna have a short life. And yes, more water and more exercise for me. Bleh. And I have always thought that I am a fit little muscular gal :p
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home