Cliqueing 4eva

-friendship only gets better as it grows older- If life is a cookie, FRIENDS are the chocolate chips.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hello!

I'm done with exams too! Just read some of the postings on elections and what to do during the hols. Anyway, my area is under Hong Kah GRC which is one of those areas that is walkover so it's not as exciting =) Didn't go for any rallies cos I was having exams but my parents went for quite a few opposition rallies in other areas cos they feel happy listening to the opposition voicing out their displeasures for them =) As for what to do during hols, I'm thinking of getting a job too but I don't know which company would hire me cos I would prob be working for about one month or so. I'm going off to Canada on june 27th cos I can't book any later flights and I won't be back until august 21st midnight. Anyway, saw this on the student events section on ivle just now:

Event Title:
Pedal Ubin! ?Booking now open for May and June 2006


Organizer:
Toddycats! Volunteers of the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research


Description:
About Pedal Ubin!How did Ubin get its name?Who was the German girl?Did you know about the monk who walked here from Thailand? Or about the resident family of hornbills or of plantations that speak of times long past? Essentially clueless about Pulau Ubin, Singapore's time capsule?Take a journey on bicycle with the Jungle Fowls, a bunch of friendly volunteer guides from NUS' Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research, and discover the nature and heritage of Pulau Ubin. Even novice cyclists are welcome! If you can balance yourself on a bike, you will survive the ride!


Registration:
To register for the ride, send an email to pedalubin@yahoo.comWith the following details:1. Name.2. Email address3. Mobile phone number.4. Cycling ability (wobbly, steady or wow!).5. Emergency contact (name, relationship (e.g. mother/father/wife), number).6. Date of ride(s) desired.You will receive a reply to confirm your participation and instructions about payment. Registered participants will receive an FAQ closer to the event date.

Date/Time:
The next Pedal Ubin! rides: * Saturday, 13th May 2006 * Sunday, 11th June 2006 All rides 8 a.m. to noon (or thereabouts).


Venue:
Registered participants will be informed where to meet.


Price:
The charge is $10.50 (inclusive GST) per participant. If you bring your own bicycle, the charge is $7.35.


Remark:
Payment covers the bumboat ride from Changi to Pulau Ubin (one-way only) and whole-day bicycle rental. Payment is strictly non-refundable. In the unlikely event that the trip is cancelled by Pedal Ubin! due to lightning threat or similar reason (has not happened yet), a replacement ride will be arranged.


Are you all interested? If you are, I can ask if non-NUS students can participate also but I don't see why non-NUS people can't participate. I'm also ok with going to MacRitchie's tree-top walk, anyway I've been there before so I can roughly tell you how to get there and I can tell you the short cut there =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home