Updates =)
Hey peepz, how are you guys doing? I just finished my second week of school here. Work is sort of piling up but after next week, we're going to have one week of easter break =D Since school started, I haven't been going out much except on weekends. Last weekend, I went to the Melbourne museum with a couple of friends from NUS. Since we are students, we didn't have to pay for the entry fees. There was a lot of information on wildlife in australia, including those that are extinct. They also have a section on the human anatomy and reproduction. We even watched a video on childbirth. Hehe I think in Singapore, children will be banned from viewing this kind of thing but here, I was quite surprised to see kids running around in this part of the museum.

.
After that, we went to watch fireworks along Yarra River. There was this three day event called "Moomba Waterfest" in Melbourne last weekend. There were a lot of ongoing activities planned for the three days including watersports, amusement park rides, Moomba Parade (something like chingay but I missed it cos I had lessons) and fireworks at night for all three days. I went down to catch fireworks on the first day and the third day of the festival. It was really nice, especially when I viewed it the second time cos I had a close-up view along the river bank. I took a video but don't think I can upload it here cos my internet has a limit of 1GB upload/ download for the entire month and I dunno how big the video file is. Yup that was last weekend. Tonight, I am going for this talk by Mediacorp CEO Lucas Chow. He's in Melbourne and they sent email to overseas Singaporeans or PRs. So my friend and I decided to go for fun and since they have a buffet dinner after that, we don't have to cook dinner as well. Hehe I am so lazy to cook that whenever there's free bbq or pizza party in sch or at the place I stay, I always turn up. Sounds so cheapskate right? haha.
It has been a very hot week here. Yesterday it was 37 degrees in the afternoon. When I walk to school, I always use the umbrella against the sun but the aussies here love the sun. No one carries umbrella here lor, except maybe singaporeans/ malaysians who just arrive in Melbourne and cannot take the glare from the sun. I think the weather will continue this way for the next couple of days. 3 weeks ago, I was telling Linda that I wear the cap that you guys give me to sleep cos it was so cold. Haha but now it's so hot. That 's the unpredictable weather in Melbourne. So everyday before I dress up to go to sch, I will have to check the weather forecast. =DD Here are some photos that I took at the museum and firework display last weekend. Anyway, when you guys are free, can email me your address? I left my address book in Singapore. I don't think I am going anywhere during the easter break cos my parents are most probably coming over but I intend to go to tasmania during the study break before exams. That's why I am trying to keep up with sch work here so that can travel during study break. Hehe.
1 Comments:
At 5:46 PM,
dada~ said…
hmm why are ur photos are elongated? hahaha
Post a Comment
<< Home